1879: Charles Gage opens an oyster and chop house on Fulton Street.
1900s: Gage & Tollner becomes Brooklyn’s first “destination restaurant.”
1975: Gage & Tollner becomes NYC’s third landmarked interior, after the New York Public Libary and Grant’s Tomb.
2004: After 125 years, Gage & Tollner closes.
2019: GAGE & TOLLNER IS BACK.
A group of passionate Brooklyn restaurateurs — St. John Frizell, Ben Schneider, and Sohui Kim (The Good Fork, Insa) — are re-opening Gage & Tollner, the legendary chop house in Downtown Brooklyn. Work begins in late 2018, and the dining room will open in 2019. For more information or to find out how to invest as little as $1000 in the project, visit gageandtollner.com.